STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. THE BIBLE: We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible revelation of God, completely without error. We believe that “holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.” (II Peter 1:21) We believe that “all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction in righteousness.” (II Timothy 3:16) We believe the Bible is the final and absolute authority in all matters of faith and practice. We shall use as our authority the 1611 version of the King James Bible.
2. GOD: We believe in one God, eternal, self-existent, immutable; one God of one nature, one essence, one substance, yet manifesting Himself to man in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Father says “I”, the Son says “I”, and the Spirit, also, is in every sense a person. Yet these three are one, and we ascribe to them the same adoration, worship, confidence, and titles. They are equal and they are one God (John 1:27-33; Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14; John 14:16; Ephesians 2:18; I Peter 1:22).
3. JESUS CHRIST: We believe in Jesus Christ as the one and only Saviour of men. (John 1:1) We believe that He was born of the virgin Mary without the agency of a human father (Luke 1:31-35); He was sinless in His life (Hebrews 4:15); and that He died for our sins according to the Scriptures (I Corinthians 15:3). We believe that for all who believe, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses from all sin (I John 1:7). We believe that He rose bodily from the grave; that He ascended to the right hand of the Father, there to make intercession for His own; and that He will personally and visibly return to this earth in power and glory (Luke 24:6-7; Acts 1:11; Romans 8:34; I Corinthians 15:24-28).
4. THE HOLY SPIRIT: We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father to convict the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment (John 16:7-8); to regenerate, sanctify and seal forever all who have been “born again” through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:13-14).
5. SALVATION: We believe that all men are sinners by nature and by choice (Ephesians 2:3; Romans 3:23) and have thereby earned both physical and spiritual death (Genesis 2:17; Romans 6:21, 23). We believe that all who trust and put their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour, and who accept His atoning work upon the cross, will be saved forever (John 3:36), will be given glorified bodies (I John 3:2), and will live with their Saviour forever (I Thessalonians 4:17). We believe that all who reject the Lord Jesus Christ as Saviour will be eternally lost, separated forever from the God of glory (Revelation 20:15).
6. THE CHURCH: We believe the church to be composed of members who have publicly professed in the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Saviour and having been baptized in accordance with the command of our Saviour, voluntarily unite together for the purposed of worship, fellowship, and the proclamation of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ throughout the world. Of such churches we read in Acts 8:1; Acts 13:1; I Corinthians 16:19; Galatians 1:2; Romans 16:16 and numerous other scriptural passages. We believe in the pre-tribulation rapture of the saints. (I Thessalonians 4:14-17)
NOTE: A detailed statement of faith is on file in the church office for those who wish to review it. Grace Christian Academy is a ministry of Grace Baptist Church and therefore adheres to the identical Articles and Statements of Faith. Students who attend Grace Christian Academy are required to have their own copy of a King James Bible. No other version is acceptable for school use. Students will have weekly or monthly memory passages that they are required to memorize.