MIDDLE SCHOOL (Grades 6-8) Overview
Strong emphasis is placed on good study habits and encouraging a disciplined approach to the pursuit of knowledge. Our challenging academic program meets and exceeds state standards. On state standardized tests, GCA middle school students typically test several grade levels higher than their public school peers.
Grace Christian Academy uses the BJU Press Curriculum in 6th-8th grade. The textbooks are designed to fully equip young people to excel in their lives and careers. The curriculum includes:
- Academic Rigor – The BJU Press Curriculum will challenge each child to think about the topic he is studying and then to interpret and apply what he has learned.
- A Biblical Worldview – Every textbook is written to enable young people to see God’s hand in science, math, history, literature, fine arts and language.
- Technology Solutions – A comprehensive suite of technology support for teachers and students.
- Compliance with Standards – The BJU Press Curriculum is an accredited, research-based curriculum. All national standards for each subject are researched before a revision process takes place.
- Excellence for Each Student – The books and materials for each course are adaptable for different learning styles and challenges.
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Flag Football