Dear Parents and Students,
Grace Christian Academy (GCA) is authorized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency to issue form I-20 to qualified applicants. This form is necessary to receive an F-1 Student Visa. Once you have received your I-20, you may review this website for instructions on applying for your F-1 Student Visa: U.S. Visas.
GCA Junior and Senior High classes are offered on site in a classroom setting by way of online distance learning using Bob Jones Academy curriculum. The classes are conducted through video style lecturing and are designed to provide the highest quality of education. The classroom has an on-site teacher and an assistant teacher to oversee the students and respond to their queries on various subjects. The elementary classrooms are conducted in a traditional style wherein the students are lectured by an on-site teacher.
To be considered for admission at Grace Christian Academy, the following requirements must be fulfilled.
Deadline to submit all documentation is last week of June.
International Applicants must:
- Be proficient in the English language.
- Arrange own housing while living in the USA.
- Submit the application documents to GCAofCorona@gmail.com
- After the student receives an acceptance note, students must pay a non-refundable registration fee and all tuition and fees for the entire year by check-in day.
International Applicants must also submit:
- An International Student Application for Enrollment Form (Download PDF)
- A Release for Medical Treatment Form (Download PDF)
- Latest transcript translated into English.
- Latest report card and achievement test scores.
- Copy of passport (in color), birth certificate, and immunization record.
- Immunization Records (required by the State of California).
- I-20 Form from previous school (if applicable).
- Copy of a recent bank statement translated to US dollars for proof of financial viability. The bank statement cannot be older than two months from the date of application.
- A letter from the parent or guardian in California who is assuming responsibility for the student and confirming their commitment to host the student throughout hisSA.
Submit Application Documents to:
SCHEDULING AN INTERVIEW
Students currently in the United States must schedule an interview with the school administration.
If the student is not currently in the United States, please schedule a Skype interview and submit a video responding to the following questions in English. It is important that the student demonstrate proficient English skills by answering the questions below in a natural style. Students cannot read or memorize answers.
1. Explain why you want to study in America.
2. Describe your special talents, abilities, or interests.
3. Describe both your short-term (high school) and long-term (college or career) academic goals.
WHAT TO EXPECT
When Grace Christian Academy receives the completed application, including all documents* listed above, the school will carefully review the application to determine if it meets all admission requirements. This process may take up to two weeks. Please apply well in advance of the new school year.
Grace Christian Academy will then notify the parent and/or student of acceptance or denial. If the student is accepted, an acceptance letter via e-mail and a completed form I-20 via postal mail will be sent to the address provided. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to submit the I-20 to the US Embassy of the student’s home country to receive the F-1 Visa. (Note: the US Embassy will only issue a student visa within 120 days of the first day of school.)
Before students can begin classes, the following additional steps must be completed:
- Payment of the mandatory school fees (registration, tuition, and activities fee) no later than start day of school.
- Student must obtain health insurance that will remain in effect for the entire time that the student is attending Grace Christian Academy. For an insurance agent referral, Click Here.
- The student must bring the passport and visa to the school for verification purposes that the F-1 visa has been granted by the United States authorities.
- Email all application information and questions to GCAofCorona@gmail.com.
All documents must be less than two months old, and should be submitted in pdf or jpg format.*