ELEMENTARY (Grades K5 – Fifth Grade) Overview
Grace Christian Academy Elementary includes Kindergarten through 5th grade. Kindergarten is a full day experience. Students must be 5 years old by October 1 to enroll in Kindergarten.
GCA provides an environment that will challenge your child’s abilities and develop his academic potential with an emphasis on Christian principles. Our challenging academic program meets or exceeds state standards.
You will have the opportunity to be an integral part of your child’s education through volunteering in the classroom, chaperoning field trips and attending special events.
America’s Most Successful Reading Program
Kindergarten at GCA offers the highly acclaimed phonics-first A Beka Book Reading Program. This program leads to early independence in reading by developing early word-analysis and comprehension skills. The wide variety of quality reading selections stimulates the students’ enjoyment of reading and appreciation of literature. With an intensive phonics approach, students of almost any ability can learn to read successfully.
Grace Christian Academy uses the BJU Press Curriculum in grades First-Fifth. The textbooks are designed to fully equip young people to excel in their lives and careers. The curriculum includes:
- Academic Rigor – The BJU Press Curriculum will challenge each child to think about the topic he is studying and then to interpret and apply what he has learned.
- A Biblical Worldview – Every textbook is written to enable young people to see God’s hand in science, math, history, literature, fine arts and language.
- Technology Solutions – A comprehensive suite of technology support for teachers and students.
- Compliance with Standards – The BJU Press Curriculum is an accredited, research-based curriculum. All national standards for each subject are researched before a revision process takes place.
- Excellence for Each Student – The books and materials for each course are adaptable for different learning styles and challenges.
Classroom instruction includes:
- Social Studies
- Physical Education